I have a stack of quilt tops that I've pieced over the years, but never got around to quilting. My challenge is to get one quilt finished every month.
Friday, January 31, 2014
Oranges and Lemons
I'm finally using some of the fabric I batiked and dyed!
I started dying several fabrics in the same colours to create a bunch of fabrics that go together. I just made strips and put them together for this top. I call this one Oranges and Lemons.
I thought the background might have been a bad choice, so I made the back with white...
and I added in a steely blue. Each rectangular block is improvised with strips, blocks or boxes. This turned out different from the hard boiled eggs quilt as on that one I used only a fat quarter of the featured print. This one has lots of all the batiks and just a little of the blue and gold. I think this will be a quilt that both sides will be liked.