Friday, October 7, 2011

Bottled Rainbows

I organized a "Bottled Rainbows" challenge for the VMQG, so of course, I had to make a couple to show the technique.  Then I made a couple more.  Then more.
Bottled Rainbows blocks for June VMQG Challenge by myredbike


Here's my batch of blocks.  These are so fun to do and are great to get you playing with colours and focusing on the over-all shade of a piece of fabric rather than focusing on the pattern.
Here's it put together and being shown off at the VMQG meeting.
Paul's Bottled Rainbows quilt by myredbike

And here's the back.  I just used blocks of colour from the front to make a cool Mondrian style back.
Mondrian-inspired back of Paul's Bottled Rainbows quilt by myredbike

Thanks, myredbike for taking pictures of me with the weirdest mouth action.  What's up with that?

1 comment:

  1. Apparently, according to Amy, photos with weird faces are my specialty! It's hard to take photos of someone who's talking! :)

    ReplyDelete